We seek to reflect God's love for us in the way we treat others - not only with words of encouragement, but through practical actions which comfort, sustain and uplift those in greatest need.
The Scriptures clearly reveal this call to action, and its truth will be our guide (1 John 3:16, Isaiah 58:6-12, Matthew 25:31-46, Acts 2:40-47).
As believers in Christ's Gospel of mercy, we strive to bring God's promised salvation to men and women of every race, creed and walk of life. Jesus also taught that the needy are rich in faith - a gift which can bless the poor in spirit. Therefore, we seek to create an exchange of both material and spiritual sustenance between the Church in America and churches in developing countries.
In all things, we strive to glorify God, revealing His perfect grace to the world.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.
We want to value what God values. We want to conform our heart and mind to the heart and mind of God. Consequently, we humbly seek to be guided by the following core values in our ministry and to constantly seek the wisdom of God to improve our understanding and implementation of these principles.
1. We seek to provide food, clothing, shelter, medical care, education, economic opportunities and other such blessings to the poorest of the poor.
2. We seek to help the poor in Jesus' name and for the glory of God.
3. We seek to give priority to those efforts which empower the local church and Christian ministries which help the poor and which are also dedicated to the furtherance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
4. We seek to give priority to those churches and ministries which employ a community-oriented strategy in helping the poor and which increase the self-sufficiency of the poor.
5. We seek to foster an exchange between the churches of the Developing World and the churches of the First World and demonstrate respect for the vision of the churches and ministries with which we work.
6. We seek to maintain a high standard of excellence in our work, not sacrificing the quality of our work for the sake of quantity. And we seek to operate with integrity and honesty in respect to our donors and co-laborers.