GIK Logistics Lead
Gifts-In-Kind & Shipping
Director of Administration and Logistics
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Minimum Associate Degree. Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Minimum 5 years of office, clerical experience.
- Minimum 5 years cargo traffic/shipping/logistics/transportation industry experience.
- Must have intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Knowledge of using and operating electronic and physical filing systems.
- Proactive with strong follow-up skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical capabilities.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, with little or no direct supervision, in an objective and honest manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality.
- In liaison with the Logistics Coordinator, manage the daily duties and activities of the shipping department such as preparing, processing, and tracking export documents as required.
- Maintain accurate shipping and donation records in the system.
- In liaison with the Logistics Coordinator, arrange ocean freight and inland trucking of goods with carriers and donors.
- Maintain proper documentation of files as necessary.
- Monitor outbound freight information by contacting carriers and consignees.
- Follow up consistently the logistics processes of all shipments and inform management of any difficulties accordingly.
- Translate/interpret documents, correspondence, messages, and memos from Spanish to English and vice versa.
- Perform other administrative duties as required by the department directors team.
Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org