: Special Events Coordinator
Special Events Manager
Educational and Experience Requirements
- A personal commitment to the Christian faith and a passion for helping the poor.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4-5 years managing and leading successful events at non-profit including meeting and exceeding budgetary goals.
- Demonstrate skills and experience in fundraising.
- A minimum of three years of resource development experience is required, including an established record of success in individual, corporate and foundation outreach and gift acquisition.
- Experience with planning and implementing communications and marketing strategies desirable.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and relational skills; proficient research and writing skills; sound time-management practices; a high degree of professionalism with internal and external audiences.
- Ability to write in creative, descriptive, technical and factual manner.
Cross International, a Christian ministry, seeks an energetic Special Events Coordinator to manage our galas, golf tournaments, runs, and dinners, as well as, provide support for other fundraising projects. The Coordinator is responsible for the planning, management and execution of planned events and reaching established fundraising goals through corporate sponsorship, attendee recruitment, auction item recruitment, and wrap-around events.
The Coordinator works to establish and build up event planning committees to implement special event action plans. Candidates must have demonstrated experience identifying, recruiting, cultivating, and celebrating committee contributions.
The successful candidate is results-oriented with experience working with and through groups to achieve desired outcome. Cold call sales experience and customer relationship building experiences are highly desirable. Excellent presentation, oral and written skills are required. Applicants must know how to close the deal, confirm mutual understandings, and manage committee leadership to successful outcomes. Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook is necessary. Ability to quickly learn internal donor database.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred
- Produce multiple events for the Special Event Department and assist Development team in additional corporate events.
- Organize and lead committee meetings, managing live and silent auctions, staffing, training and supervising volunteers, and varied delegated assignments that ensure the success of events.
- Develop leads for event committees, and establish and maintain event committee relationships for each event.
- Prepare, monitor and control and analyze financial reports, events revenue and expense budget.
- Assist Event Chairs in obtaining sponsorships, table sales, advertisers, auction items and other revenue sources.
- Oversee website content & social media for event.
- Effectively oversee, train, and motivate department staff and volunteers on a daily basis and other staff and volunteers during the events.
- Ability to understand and negotiate contracts with vendors, and serve as primary contact.
- The ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with people at all levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint required, databases and Acrobat preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and problem solve quickly.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy; diplomacy, excellent oral and written communication and editing skills.
- Strong sense of urgency; highly organized, outstanding time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to work well with staff, volunteers and other internal departments.
- Knowledge of contemporary Christian marketing and fundraising practices, a plus.
- Must have strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Ability to organize materials, pays attention to details, and meets deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and poise.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including required weekends and evenings.
- Must be willing to travel up to 40% of work hours during the year.
- Must be willing to lift up to 40 pounds.
is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit About Us
on our web site
to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.
Submit your resume to email@example.com