Special Events Administrative Coordinator
Special Events Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Cross International, a Christian ministry, seeks an energetic Special Events (SE) Administrative Coordinator to manage the department’s event logistics, communications, budgets and expenses, and office management. The Administrative Coordinator will assist the Special Events team with a variety of administrative and operational tasks in support of organizational events/initiatives. The SE Administrative Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Special Events team.
- • Along with the Director and Manager, track department budget and each event budget to include income and expenses.
- • Set up all new event budgets in approved format.
- • Ensure expenses sent to accounting are accurately reflected in the departmental account on a monthly basis and manage expenses with coordinators for each event.
- • Coordinate the department’s schedule, organize meetings, create presentations and process all travel arrangements for the department.
- • Assist Manager with the fulfillment and following up with event sponsorships to ensure all sponsors have received benefits and the sponsorships are paid in full before event.
- • Manage and maintain the departmental electronic and hard copy filing system.
- • Responsible for all data pulls.
- • Provide Manager an analysis of criteria for new events.
- • Assists and supports Manager with research, database, clerical, technical tasks including Board reports and other analysis as requested.
- • Responsible for new event source code requests and correctly matching them to event gifts.
- • Data management of new prospects as part of record maintenance.
- • All gift processing procedures and NetForum review.
- • Training of SE staff on NetForum and any other data related training.
- • Assist with logistics of event activities, such as committee meetings, RSVP tracking, decor and theme of events, auctions, shipping of event materials and other activities.
- • Assist the Manager in reviewing and making recommendations for contracts as they relate to events. Responsibilities include coordination of A/V and IT needs, catering, transportation, and accommodations.
- • Responsible for pre and post event information with Blue Fin and coordinating with Merkle.
- • Responsible for overseeing the scheduling and travel of President, Vice-President and VIP guests for events. Lead person managing the Concur travel site.
- • Manage and maintain processing forms for donations received.
- • Liaison between SE and COM departments.
- • Responsible for creating Communications request documents, maintaining print and communications schedules and tracking production of items for all events.
- • Manages the timely and accurate fulfillment of print and mailing jobs, including QC.
- • Provide Web Department event updates for event pages and social media outlets.
- • Update policy and procedure manuals for the department.
- • Supply ordering as needed
- • Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required/Preferred:
- • A personal commitment to the Christian faith and a passion for helping the poor
- • Bachelor's degree required
- • Minimum of 4-5 years of office management and budgets
- • Demonstrate skills and experience in fundraising
- • Experience with planning and implementing communications and marketing strategies desirable
- • Excellent verbal, presentation and relational skills; proficient research and writing skills; sound time-management practices; a high degree of professionalism with internal and external audiences
- • Ability to organize materials, pays attention to details, and meets deadlines
- • Proven ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently
- • Ability to write in creative, descriptive, technical or factual manner
- • Work in a positive, team-oriented, and professional manner with all organization staff while executing events
- • A strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done quickly and with high quality
- • Knowledge: proficiency with personal computers and software applications, including Word, BidPal and Excel; general familiarity with office equipment
- • Demonstrated initiative, creativity and poise
- • Must be willing to work flexible hours, including required weekends and evenings.
- • Must be willing to travel up to 35% of work hours during the year
- • Must be willing to lift up to 40 pounds
Cross International is a Christian ministry and provides excellent employee benefits. We are a Christian Humanitarian Aid Agency assisting the poorest of the poor around the world. Please visit our About Us
page to learn more about the mission, vision, statement of faith and core values of our organization.
Submit your resume to email@example.com